This sermon was a video sermon given by Adam Hamilton. Watch the sermon here.
This series is based on Adam Hamilton’s book by the same title Making Sense of the Bible.
Adam invites us into an honest conversation about the Bible with foundational questions such as, How and when was the Bible written? Who decided which books made it into the scriptures and why? How literally must we read it? And, Is the Bible ever wrong?
From there, we will consider the real questions people frequently ask that continue to divide Christians and denominations alike, including:
- Were Adam and Eve real people?
- Why is God so violent in the Old Testament?
- Why would Paul command women to “keep silent in the church?”
- Is Jesus the only way to salvation?
- How does God view same sex relationships?
- Is the Book of Revelation a guide to the End Times?
We hope to address these often misunderstood biblical themes leading readers to a deeper appreciation of the Bible so that we might hear God speak through it and find its words to be life-changing and life-giving.
Sept. 8- Making Sense of the Old Testament
Sept. 15- Making Sense of the New Testament
Sept. 22- How to Understand the Bible
Sept. 29- Violence and God in the Bible
Oct. 6- The Bible and Science
Oct. 13- The Bible and Sexuality